Friday, August 12, 2011

Vintage and Artisan Market Recap


Welcome to the Vintage and Artisan Market! It turned out to be a lovely event with a dozen antique and vintage vendors (including me!) set up outside in the tree-surrounded parking lot, with plenty of hot sun, dappled shade, and excited shoppers.


Here's my booth! We had lots of room to set up, which was great. I would've loved to have brought a few more larger pieces to help with the display, but with our tiny little car we already had to make 2 trips to get everything there.


It was fun getting to talk to customers and other vendors, and I even met several women who told me they read my blog. Thanks so much for coming out! That's me, in the white t-shirt, talking to Barb from Thoughtful Images Ink, before the market opened. It's the only picture we got of me in my booth (which was fine by me because it was a hot and sweaty day!) but I got lots of great pictures of what you really want to see...


The goods! 

I don't know about you, but I love looking at pictures of displays at antique shows and flea markets, and I can never find enough of them, so I was sure to take a lot. Enjoy!


There were rusty wire garden baskets, chippy yellow chairs, a cast iron chandelier, a shabby white wall shelf...


The chairs were the only furniture I was able to bring, and luckily they sold pretty early in the day so we didn't have to find a way to fit them back in the car.


There was a vintage time card rack...


Lots of wooden boxes and crates...



Old spools of thread and charming garden tools...


White ironstone in all shapes and sizes...



Beautiful blue and white china...


Vintage glass bottles and domes, seed packets, and garden accents...



Woven baskets, vintage books...


Wire baskets and silver-plated bowls...


Vintage muffin tins...


And, of course, a little bit of soap...


Thanks for joining me! Don't worry... I brought along LOADS of stuff, and a lot of the pictures here were taken towards the end of the day, so much of what you see above will be for sale in my etsy store soon!

I have been wanting to share these pictures with you sooner, but threatening storm clouds had begun to roll in as everyone was packing up their displays that evening, and my husband and I made it home and safely in the back door mere seconds before the sky let loose a thunderstorm that knocked out our internet service for the better part of 5 days... But we're back in business now, and I have lots of work to catch up on!

Next time I'll share a couple great finds that I bought for myself at the show :)

3 comments:

  1. Just what I had been waiting for as I couldn't be there in person. Your booth looked great! I see lots of things that could have come home(NC)with me... ironstone, blue china and a little bit of soap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your booth, Ellie! You do a great job of displaying everything! Glad you got in before the weather got bad! Our computer crashed about 5 days ago, so I know how you feel! We got it back last night...ahh...back to work on shop stuff!!

    Have a wonderful weekend! Look forward to seeing some of those goodies hit your shop! ;o)
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots to look at and a lot I would have purchased! You collect much of the same things I do. :-)
    I hope to do this in the spring- guess I should buy a tent, huh? ~ Sue

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...