Tuesday, May 24, 2011

My Favorite Part of Traveling

I love road trips. My husband and I are leaving on a monster road trip on Thursday, so we did a little snack shopping yesterday!


I actually think that the travel snacks are most of the reason that I like road trips in the first place. I have fond childhood memories of driving from Ohio to Sarasota, Florida for huge extended family vacations, with enough snacks in the minivan to feed an army. I also have fond memories of playing on the CB radios that my dad and uncles would hook up in all of the cars so that we could all travel together, caravan style, across the country in the days before anyone had cell phones. My dads CB handle, chosen by yours truly, was "The Big Stinky Cheese". At 8 years old, I thought that was hilarious. Almost 20 years later, I still do. :)

So, on Thursday we'll be heading from Nebraska to Ohio for a week with the family, and then down to the Outer Banks, North Carolina for a week on the beach with my husband's family. And as we hit the road, you can be sure that the snack bag will be well stocked!

See you in two weeks!

4 comments:

  1. You will love the Outer Banks- if you are in Manteo, you will have to visit Island Farm, a newly opened living history museum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful vacation! Sounds like so much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm...i love road trip snacks too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to my little part of the world. We are also headed to the Outer Banks in two weeks for our vacation. Love, love, love it there! I only live a few hours from OBX so we go for mini weekend "vacations" all through out the year. Have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...