Sunday, November 21, 2010

Turkey Hunting

Photo from Country Living





















With Thanksgiving just days away, and the anticipation of the best meal of the year mounting, I have taken a shine to antique turkey transferware.  I love seeing plates and platters in warm shades of brown, caramel, rust and cream mixed in with classic white china.  I haven't spotted any yet at my favorite "hunting grounds", but I am keeping my nose to the ground. 

Just imagine eating a piece of pumpkin pie on one of these finely detailed plates... 

Photo from Country Living
Photo from Country Living

Photo from Country Living

  

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry I am late commenting on this post, but I just found you today! I would not want to even eat off these beautiful plates!! Since buying my first home just two months ago, I am suddenly obsessed with scouring Goodwill, thrift and antique stores for unique dishes. I plan to have a curio cabinet in my small diningroom, but I have a feeling I won't be able to stop at just a few! lol Love your site!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...